Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hello From Victoria

The blog is here - panic over! It is late, well actually very late this week. For the next two weeks I am over in Victoria on Vancouver Island. I am over here doing some training for my new job and taking in some sights whilst I am here too. In the absence of the Photo Editor who has remained over in Nelson to man the fort and look after the boys, I have been out around the Inner Harbour with the camera. For those of you who have been here before I hope they remind you of a great vacation. This is the Harbour at dusk yesterday evening.

The weather is like an English Springtime and all the tulips, daffs and spring flowers are out and really colourful. This is the Parliament Building including the harbour and boats with the flowers in the garden which spell out "Welcome To Victoria".

I am also heading back over to Vancouver on Friday for a day trip and I have booked a flight with Harbour Air on one of the sea planes. I couldn't resist posting a picture for you and if you would like to check out their fleet click the link. I think the planes seat from 2 to 14 people which given my slight dislike of flying could be quite interesting.

This is the famous Empress Hotel which sits at the head of the Harbour. Unfortunately I am not staying in that hotel but I do have a harbour view from my balcony.



Finally, here is a picture of the Parliament Building looking pretty with the lights on.

Looking back over the past week we have experienced some very strange weather in the Kootenays. You will remember we wrote that we had temperatures of around 20 degrees a couple of weeks ago well last weekend we were back to 2 degrees Celcius and the day before I flew out to Victoria we had 4" of snow in Nelson which is very unusual for the area.


Luckily I managed to make both my flight from Castlegar to Vancouver then Vancouver over to Victoria. The latter flight was really funny as it only took 21 minutes from start to finish certainly no time for a trolley service, which is possibly a good thing.


That is all for this week but I shall post more next Sunday ready for all you folks who like to read the blog at work on a Monday morning.


Rachael (in Victoria), Shaun & Harley & Phantom (in Nelson)